Thursday, June 6, 2013

THE VIRGIN DIET - DAY 9

Yesterday, I completed Day 9 of The Virgin Diet.

MY SYMPTOMS

  • Acne - No
  • Chronic mucus/stuffy nose - Yes, but improving
  • Constipation and/or diarrhea - Yes, but only right after my breakfast shake.  Hmmm...
  • Fatigue - No
  • Food cravings - No
  • Gas and bloating - No
  • Headaches - No
  • High blood glucose - Almost 100 at the beginning of the day, but back below 90 by the end of the day, after decreasing protein and carbs and increasing fat.
  • Inability to lose weight - No - Starting weight 147.8 - Current weight 145.8 - Goal weight 136 - To get back to goal, need to lose 9.8 more pounds.  Can still button "measurement shorts" with a slight "muffin top".  Lost 1 pound yesterday for a total of 2 pounds in 9 days.
  • Insomnia - Yes - Woke up in the night one time and had trouble going back to sleep
  • Joint pain - Yes, but somewhat improved
  • Limp, lackluster hair - Yes
  • Muscle pain  - Yes, but improving
  • Nausea - No
  • Swollen fingers - Yes - Having trouble getting my rings off in the morning

WHAT I AM EATING

I normally eat like this:

135g fat (78%)
57g protein
28g carbs

Yesterday, I ate like this:

146g fat (75%)
68g protein
42g carbs

I had a shake for breakfast that was comprised of coconut milk, water, non-dairy protein powder, ground flax seed, raw greens, frozen berries, a few drops of Stevia and 2 tsp. of cod liver oil.

I worked all day yesterday and skipped lunch.  For dinner, I had pan-crumbled-fried lean ground beef with coconut oil, seasoned with sea salt, garlic powder and onion powder, cabbage and onion pan fried in coconut oil and bacon grease with sea salt, half of a medium avocado and half of a small, raw carrot.

I ate breakfast at 7:30 am and dinner at 7 pm.

I drank 72 oz. of water, but never within an hour before eating or an hour after eating, in order to not dilute my stomach acid.

 GOING BACK TO HIGH FAT, MODERATE PROTEIN AND VERY LOW CARB

After breakfast yesterday, I decided to go back to the way I was eating before while still staying away from eggs, dairy, grains, peanuts, soy, corn and sugar, including artificial sweeteners.  I was a little over my goal food for the day, but I still lost one pound, and my blood sugar returned to the 80s by the end of the day, even two hours after eating dinner.  This morning, it was 82.

If you are interested in getting a short synopsis of how this plan works, you can listen to Jimmy Moore interviewing JJ Virgin by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment