Wednesday, June 26, 2013

THE (MODIFIED) VIRGIN DIET - THE END OF THE EGG CHALLENGE

Yesterday, I ended the egg challenge portion of my modified version of The Virgin Diet. 

MY SYMPTOMS
  • Acne -Yes - One new zit
  • Chronic mucus/stuffy nose -No
  • Constipation and/or diarrhea - No
  • Fatigue - No
  • Food cravings - No
  • Gas and bloating - No
  • Headaches - No
  • High blood glucose - No
  • Inability to lose weight - No - Starting weight 147.8 - Current weight 142.4 - Goal weight 136 - To get back to goal, need to lose 6.4 more pounds.  Can button "measurement shorts" with a slight "muffin top".  Lost 1 pound yesterday for a total of 5.4 pounds in 28 days.  That's an average of 1.4 pounds per week.
  • Insomnia - Yes, sometimes
  • Joint pain - No
  • Thinning, limp, lackluster hair - No
  • Muscle pain  - No
  • Nausea - No
  • Swollen fingers - No

EGG CHALLENGE RESULTS

In case you are just tuning in, I spent the first four weeks of this diet eliminated all of the following:  eggs, dairy, soy, gluten, peanuts, corn and sugar, including artificial sweeteners.  To be more exact, the only things I actually gave up were eggs and dairy, because the other things have not been a normal part of my diet for years.

I tracked my symptoms during that four week period.  I started out having to write "Yes" next to each of the symptoms I listed above.  As you can see, they now mostly say "No".  For week five, I ate eggs for four days in a row and then got back off them for the next three days, and during this week, I have been paying attention to my symptoms.

Basically, I don't think that I have a problem with eggs, based on my symptoms.  But something is a problem, because giving everything up improved my symptoms of inflammation.

For this coming week, I am back off of eggs and I will be challenging dairy.  I will eat dairy every day for the next four days, then stop for the three days after that, and I will be paying attention to my sypmtoms.


MY EXERCISE

 I got no exercise in the past two days.


MY BODY COMPOSITION

Since starting this diet, my body fat has gone down from 37.6% to 35.4%.  That means that I have lost 5.2 pounds of body fat and 0.2 pounds of lean mass.  To get to my goal of 136 pounds with 30% body fat, I need to lose 9.6 more pounds of body fat and I need to gain 3.2 pounds of lean mass.


NUTRITIONAL KETOSIS

This morning, I received my blood ketone test strips, and I tested my blood for both ketones and glucose.  My blood glucose was 89 an hour after eating, which is only a tiny bit high, 83 being my goal.  My ketones were only 0.5, which is a little disappointing.  The last time I was doing this, my average was 1.8 and I was losing weight.  So, for today, I am lowering my protein by a couple of grams to see if that will help.  If it doesn't, I will lower it a little bit more each day until I get my ketone level back up.


If you are interested in getting a short synopsis of how this plan works, you can click on the link at the beginning of this post or you can listen to Jimmy Moore interviewing JJ Virgin by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment