Monday, October 4, 2010

BUT YOU DON'T LOOK LIKE YOU NEED TO LOSE WEIGHT!

Very often people will tell me that I do not need to lose weight.  Rather than try to talk them out of that idea, I decided to take these photos today.  The one on the left is me sucking in my breath, and holding in my stomach and ribcage with all the strength I can muster.  The one on the right is me relaxing.  And no, I am not forcing my stomach out as hard as I can!  If I did that, it would not have fit in the frame!  This is what 37% body fat looks like on a 5'3" woman who weighs 143 pounds:


So please don't tell me to stop losing weight.

In addition to the fat you can see, there is also fat around my internal organs.  This is not healthy.  This is what estrogen dominance, low testosterone, low thyroid and high cortisol will do to a body that eats right and exercises.  I'm trying to turn it around, but it ain't easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment