Thursday, October 15, 2009

OCTOBER 15, 2009 - AND IN MY SPARE TIME...

A few weeks ago we were in the village next to ours, taking a walk, when we noticed that some of the houses had signs in the lawn that they had won an award in 2009 for beautification. I though how neat it was and wouldn't it be fun to have that honor.

A week later, someone knocked on our door and told us that our village has that program, too, and that our house had won one of the awards given out in 2009!

We are so delighted and honored! I had worked very hard this spring and summer, planting annuals and perennials, and hanging baskets and such. Tonight, we met with the other award winners and received our certificate and lawn sign from our mayor.

There are around 5,000 homes in our village, and only 63 were given the award this year.

But you know the most important part? I'm wearing size 6 slacks in this photo!

I have to admit that it was pretty sweet walking up in front of a crowd of people, knowing that I looked normal weight! In the past, I would have been embarrassed, wondering if people thought I looked fat. I know, I know! Everyone is not thinking about me and my weight!

No comments:

Post a Comment