Saturday, May 8, 2010

TIRED OF BEING OVERWEIGHT!

I'm going to eat less today. I don't know what else to do...
Since this is my own little blog, and I know that most people are not reading it, I'm going to indulge myself with a little self-pity.

I am so tired of being overweight. I am so tired of trying everything and have nothing work. I am so tired of hormonal imbalances that might very well be making weight loss impossible.

I tried lowering calories and it only worked temporarily. I tried raising calories and it only worked temporarily.

I have cut net carbs. I have raised net carbs. Nothing works in the long run.

I read somewhere in the new Atkins book that some people do better if they only eat 2 meals a day instead of 3. But in other places, including this forum, I have heard that if you skip a meal, you are damaging your metabolism.

There is really no way to know, from person to person, what is going to work. I have been experimenting with my food and my exercise for over a year, giving myself weeks and months before making changes, and I have come to no conclusions.

I'm not giving up. But I just want to cry this morning. I did not eat breakfast, for the first time in a year. Maybe I am one of the people they talk about in the book who does better this way. I will eat a normal lunch of salad and protein, but then I am going to my son's for Mother's Day, and who knows what I will be served! My daughter-in-law is a wonderful cook, and her meals are more than scrumptious, but not low carb.

Like I said, feeling discouraged, depressed and alone in this. Sorry for being a downer, anyone who might be reading...

No comments:

Post a Comment